- This event has passed.
Shaping our Future: Engineers’ Role in Addressing Climate Change
March 4 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
All engineers have an ethical responsibility to protect the public but what does this mean when addressing climate change? Let’s discuss
Extreme weather and rapid alterations to Canada’s climate are risks to both public safety and the reliability of Canada’s infrastructure. The disruption and cost to Canada’s economy when infrastructure is damaged or destroyed by extreme weather events is growing and becoming more frequent across Canada with engineers having a significant role to play in addressing climate change issues.
Join us on March 4th from 1PM to 2:30PM ET as we explore the many ways the engineering community is coming together to protect present and future generations and why adaptation and mitigation of climate change is relevant to all engineers regardless of their professional discipline.
Welcoming remarks by Senator Rosa Galvez
Moderator: Jeanette Southwood, VP Corporate Affairs and Strategic Partnerships, Engineers Canada
– John Gamble, CEO of Association of Consulting Engineering Companies
– Boris Martin, CEO of Engineers Without Borders
– Harshan Radhakrishnan, Manager, Climate Change and Sustainability Initiatives Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
– Shanleigh McKeown President Canadian Federation of Engineering Students
– Louise Millette, Professor – Department of Civil, Geological and Mining Engineering (CGM), Head – Office of Sustainable Development